- I received my last shot on Friday - it stung a little but I held up like a champ! I think all those penicillin shots I received as a kid make all other shots pale in comparison to the pain those caused - so, thanks for the preparation, Mama! ;) A note to remember to anyone else who is going to have any shots for travel - it gets expensive!! I have been getting my shots from the Health Department because I thought it would be less expensive but by the time I get the 3rd Twinrix (Hep A & B combined) vaccine, we will have spent $330!! I must say the vaccine is definitely worth the money compared to the expense & pain of the adverse - we just weren't prepared for the expense.
- I have met my $1500 goal!!!! Thanks to all of you who contributed your money & your prayers. I'm still not sure if Tim is going to let me take our laptop with me so I can update you all while I'm gone but if he doesn't, I'll definitely post a recap w/ photos upon my return!
Things I still have to do:
- Pick up and take the oral Typhoid Vaccine I need. I will start taking this vaccine on Friday of this week to meet the recommended guidelines.
- Gather school supplies, toys, etc for the kids in Guatemala. I plan to take a separate suitcase for this stuff so please let me know if you would like to donate anything. I'll be happy to pick up anything you wish to donate.
And last but certainly not least, please continue your prayers for:
- Safe travel & our personal safety while we are in Guatemala
- Preparation of my mind, body, & spirit and the same for the rest of our team
- Preparation of the same for the people & kids we will be working with
- Pray that we will be able to make a lasting impact for God and that we will be able to accomplish His will while we are there.
Thanks, again, for all of your love & support!
No comments:
Post a Comment