Two weeks from today - I will be in Guatemala!! I can't believe time has flown by SO fast! Just a quick update on things that transpired this past week:
- I picked up my Typhoid vaccine prescription on Friday. I was very worried it was going to make me sick after reading the warnings but I followed the directions exactly & no sickness! Hallelujah! I take the 2nd dose today & will finish up on Thursday therefore fulfilling the requirement of being in my system for at least a week before I leave.
- I've started collecting items for my "extra" suitcase. My mom's sweet friends donated A LOT of stuff & some people at work have started giving me money to buy things before I leave. After seeing the amount of things my mom's friends donated, I may have too much for my suitcase!! (What a blessing!) I'm hoping I'll collect enough to donate to an "extra" suitcase for one of the other team members (assuming they will have room)! Otherwise, I may have to switch suitcases around - I was planning to pack the big suitcase with my necessities & fill the smaller (standard size) suitcase with donations but I may have to sacrifice my "stuff" for these donations! I'll keep you posted... :)
So - keep the prayers going (see last blog for prayer requests)...they have definitely been answered so far & I know He will continue to answer then!
No comments:
Post a Comment