I can not believe how fast time flies! In less than 2 weeks, I will be in Guatemala!!! Just wanted to update you all on my progress in "getting ready to go"! I have raised all of the money needed & would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who donated! I got my last shot a few weeks ago (thank goodness I didn't have to take the whole Twinrix series again!!). I also found out I don't have to take the oral vaccine again - it is good for 5 years! I'm planning to send an email to my coworkers this week asking for donations (school supplies, toiletries, etc) to take to the children at the ministry. Preparation this time has been a lot less work considering I already have a passport & didn't have to have as many shots.
I'm getting really excited & I'm especially excited because 3 of the 10th grade girls from my small group at church are coming to Guatemala too! I'm excited to get to know them better & am hoping to establish a better relationship with all 3 of them. Please pray for God to work in these relationships while we are there. Also, pray for God's protection over those of us going & for Him to prepare our hearts & the hearts of those we will meet in Guatemala.
No comments:
Post a Comment