Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Day!

And I'm ready to go! I packed my "extra" suitcase last night & weighed myself while holding it and it is just under 50 lbs. Hopefully, my scale is correct & I will not have to pay extra for the suitcase with all of my donations. (If my scale is not correct, I still have monetary donations from co-workers that will go toward paying the extra fee for this suitcase - hallelujah!) And, applause for me!, my personal suitcase is under 50 lbs as well & I'm taking all medications, sunscreen, bug spray, etc! I did have to weed out some "extra" clothing but I'm sure I'll be ok without it.
Thanks for the prayers for my health - they are working! I felt pretty bad yesterday (thus no update) but I think the medicine I was taking was making me feel worse than the actual illness. I did go to the doctor & will be picking up antibiotics today just in case I need them. But, I feel like I'm getting rid of this before it actually "hits hard" so hopefully, I will not need them.
Today, I'm feeling lots of emotions. I'm TRULY excited about the prospect of this trip. I know it is going to be a wonderful experience. I know we are all going to be blessed & I know that God is going to bless these children & the people we work with in Guatemala through us & our work. I am also feeling a little sad to be leaving my husband for a week. We have been together for almost 7 years, married for almost 3. I don't think we have ever been apart for a whole week. Even when we have been apart for a few days at a time, we have been able to talk at least once a day (usually more than once a day, more for my benefit than his! He humors me, though!). :) My cell phone isn't going to work there so I know I'm not going to be able to talk to him until I return next Saturday. I (hopefully!) will be able to email him & our family members at some point during the week but there is no guarantee I'll be able to do this. So, I know I'm going to miss him & miss hearing his voice! I probably will not get nervous until we are at the airport or it is time to get on the plane. I usually get a little nervous right before take off but I always say a prayer at that same time which usually calms my nerves.
Tonight - Tim and I are going to run some errands to get a few last minute things. We needs to get snacks - the last thing left on my "to do" list over to the right and a few necessities for him for the week. Other than that, we will have dinner & spend some time together before going to bed at 9:00 (or 7:30) since we have to get up so early in the morning. I'm going to try to post (quickly!) in the morning before we leave - if I don't get a chance to, please see the last post for prayer requests & pray for these things while we are gone.
Love to all!

No comments: